ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Hydrostor is a global leader in Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage (A-CAES) and the high growth energy storage sector. Hydrostor designs and installs Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage systems. With one utility-scale demonstration project on-line and two commercial projects, Hydrostor is well positioned to be a leader in the emerging energy storage space.
The full-time process operator position located in Goderich Ontario for small compression and power facility. The position as a single local operator is responsible for all aspects of a remote operated compressed air energy storage system. The position will not only operate the system but coordinate and ensure all maintenance control, scheduling, parts control, safety, reporting, etc.
The successful candidate will work closely with our engineering and contractor teams to ensure the operation successes and should have 8+ years of field or processing plant operating experience relating to major rotating equipment such as listed below and will be able to take ownership of this one-of-a-kind system.
- A single local operator is responsible for all aspects of a remote operated compressed air energy storage system.
- Coordinate and ensure all maintenance control including scheduling, parts control, safety, and reporting, etc.
- Comply and ensure safety and compliance protocols are followed.
- Identify and troubleshoot process upsets, take proportional action to resolve issues.
- Document and analyze trends to improve operations.
- Work with and report regularly and directly to the owner’s engineering and operations team.
- Other duties as required.
- All relevant education, knowledge and working experience are accounted.
- 8+ years of field/ processing plant operating experience relating to major rotating equipment as listed below and shall be capable of operating semi-independently.
- 3200 hp centrifigual compressor (Electric)
- 2400 hp High Speed turbo expander generator
- Medium Voltage switchgear
- Misc High temp pumps, valves, exchangers, tanks, PSV, table coolers, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to identify work priorities and function with very little supervision.
- Strong self-initiator and desire to take accountabilities on the assigned duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Driving and traveling is required.
- This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
- Annual Salary: $80K+ (Subject to Candidate’s knowledge and experience)
- Health Benefits
- Moving expense allowance (if required provincial or interprovincial)
- Vehicle/Travel allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the form or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before the deadline and state the applying Job Title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hydrostor values, respects and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. Our employment decisions are based on business and position requirements without regard to factors such as race, sex, colour, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, same-sex partnership status, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship, family status or marital status, creed, gender identity or gender expression, or any other factor that are legislatively protected.
Hydrostor is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.